Medicare Open Enrollment Reminder
Posted on December 1, 2011
If you still need to make changes during Medicare Open Enrollment this year, we wanted to give you a quick reminder that you have less than a week left to do so. Changes must be made by Wednesday, December 7th and will take effect on January 1, 2012.
What happens in open enrollment?
- You can elect to leave original Medicare (Parts A & B) for a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C)
- You can also switch from a Part C plan back to the original Medicare Parts A & B
- Switch Medicare Advantage plans (whether they cover prescription drug plans or not)
- Change your prescription drug coverage (Part D) or join a prescription drug plan
- Drop Medicare prescription drug coverage completely
For more information, please view the Medicare tip sheet on Understanding Enrollment Periods:http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11219.pdf.
You may also wish to contact the Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program at 800-803-7174 for personalized assistance or visit www.mmapinc.org.