Welcome to our RB Family, Steve!
Posted on November 2, 2018
Once again, we are ecstatic to be able to announce yet another new edition to Richmond Brothers' team - Steve Kulchinski! A graduate of both Grand Valley State University and Spring Arbor University, Steve earned his Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science in 2002 and a Master of Business Administration in 2008. With over 15 years as an experienced sales executive, Steve will be serving an advisor role once he receives his licenses and certifications; he is currently working on obtaining his Series 65 license. He will be working directly with our Chairman, Dave and our President, Matt. While his roles will be changing throughout his training process, clients may have Steve participate in upcoming meetings.
A native of the Vandercook area, he loves refereeing high school and college football. Steve is a huge fan of the Blue and Maize and enjoys attending sporting events, especially those in Ann Arbor and Detroit. He also takes his role as an uncle to heart and takes great joy in spoiling his nieces and nephew: Allison, Rylie, Erin and Brendan.
Steve said he is most looking forward to getting to know and build relationships with clients. "I’m excited to work at a company with an elite reputation that cares about its clients and has a great culture that makes it fun to come to work every day." Steve - we are just as pumped as you are to have you help create our culture and bring it life with our family of clients. Want to know more? Find out a few more facts about Steve below.
- Most unusual item in desk drawer - Although it's not in my drawer, I do have a nice picture on my desk of Dan that I received on my first day - it was very funny! I also have an excessive amount of chapstick.
- Best Childhood Memory - I have great memories of growing up with the older kids in the neighborhood playing whiffle ball and football. In whiffle ball, if you hit it over the wires or house, it was a home run. Unfortunately, I think we broke every window in the neighborhood at least once with the whiffle ball. I am still connected in some way with most of the people I grew up with in the neighborhood.
- First car & what you loved or hated about it - My first car was a Toyota Tercel. When I was 16, I ran off the road and into a bush in a couple’s front yard. The first person I called was my Grandma because I knew I wouldn’t get in trouble. The following day, my mom took me over to the scene of the accident and I replaced the bush. I could barely move, I was so sore.
- Favorite sports teams and how far you will go to show your support - I'm a huge Michigan fan. In college, I had a friend that played at WMU. We had a group of family and friends that traveled every weekend to him play, we became professional tailgaters with a bus. Florida, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin were some of my favorite venues.
- What are you passionate about? I enjoy watching my nieces and nephew play sports: hockey, baseball/softball, soccer, basketball, tennis. I try to support them when I can. I also love refereeing high school and college football. It’s a great feeling when you walk onto a field prepared and with a great group of guys that are highly respected by other schools/coaches. They make it fun as well. Youth football can get a little crazy but that’s another story.
- Pet peeves - Negativity - I try to avoid it at all costs!
- Favorite family tradition - My family always gets together for the holidays at my Aunt Debbie’s. We are a very close family and it’s always good to see and catch up with my aunts, uncles, cousins and their families.
We are truly grateful to have Steve join us here at Richmond Brothers! We cannot wait to see him excel and make a difference for our family of clients. If you'd also like to give Steve a warm welcome to Richmond Brothers, feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Welcome, Steve!